4/16/10

Jack Armstrong In Starting 5

Jack Armstrong would have preferred to be flying to Cleveland and preparing for the Raptors first playoff game with the Cavs. Instead, he would have to settle for doing his radio show the Game Plan on the Fan 590 and talking with me after it. I think we all share in that. But that being said whatever the circumstances I love to talk with Jack for the Starting 5 and it is a great treat. It never gets old for me in talking with Jack. I admired and respected him before I met him and talked with him. Since those feelings have only grown. Today we talk about the future of the Raptors and Chris Bosh. In addition Jack still supports Jay Triano as the coach of this team going forward. In the interview he calls him " One of the best X and O guys in the NBA". Jack is not one to not say anything he doesn't believe. That is part of why we love him. He is a straight shooter and tells it like it is. Lots of that no non-sense stuff today. But at the same time Jack knows how to have fun as that picture from back on St. Patrick's Day shows. I was told that those glasses Jack is wearing were picked up at a dollar store or something like that. When I first saw them I laughed out loud. I am proud, lucky and fortunate to have got to know him. You are lucky to get to hear him talk with us as often as he does. I really appreciate it so much. So have a listen to in my humble opinion one of our better conversations for the Starting 5.







Some interesting thoughts from Jack at the start of what is guaranteed to be an interesting off-season for the Raptors. Jack being a former NCAA coach is a great resource for the draft for us. The Raptors do now have a lottery pick so we will have Jack back to talk all things draft sometime closer to the draft in June. It is always a pleasure to talk with Jack and I look forward to doing it again then. For now just my thanks for this latest conversation. I always learn a lot in talking with Jack about basketball and to be professional and stick to what I believe. This is going to be a challenging and interesting summer for Bryan Colangelo and the Raptors.

1 comment:

  1. 'Jack is not one to not say anything he doesn't believe'

    I completely agree... unfortunately that doesn't differentiate from when he is incorrect.

    ReplyDelete