Cleveland Cavaliers are reportedly in talks with L.A. Clippers for Baron Davis (L.A. Times, TSN).
- Cavs get: Baron Davis (Guard), 2011 first-round pick.
- Clippers get: Mo Williams (Guard) and Jamario Moon (Forward)
THOUGHTS: Really? Wow. Double blow to Baron Davis. First he gets traded for another guard which says his skills pale in comparison to said player. Plus, his new home is with the worst team in the league? This is Baron's 12th season in the NBA. He averaged 12.8 points, 7 assists in 43 games for the Clippers - not the production L.A. was looking for from him.
Atlanta Hawks trade Mike Bibby to Washington Wizards for Kirk Hinrich.
- Hawks get: Kirk Hinrich (Guard), Hilton Armstrong (Forward).
- Wizards get: Mike Bibby (Guard), Jordan Crawford (Guard), Maurice Evans (Guard), 2011 first-round pick from Hawks
THOUGHTS: The Hawks are looking to upgrade for a playoff run. They are hoping Hinrich will be an improvement over Mike Bibby.
Golden State Warriors and New Jersey Nets make a trade involving Troy Murphy.
- Warriors get: Troy Murphy (Forward), 2012 second round pick from the Nets.
- Nets get: Brandon Wright (Forward), Dan Gadzuric (Center).
THOUGHTS: This is a move to plan for next season and free up cap space since neither side will be seriously playing for a playoff spot. I have read reports concerning Golden State looking to buy out Troy Murphy's contract and make him a free agent. Wright and Gadzuric are worth about $11 million together and both contracts will expire at the end of the season so this trade helped the Nets free up some salary cap space.
Charlotte Hornets acquire Carl Landry from the Sacramento Kings.
- Hornets get: Carl Landry (Forward).
- Kings get: Marcus Thorton and cash considerations.
THOUGHTS: Marcus Thorton is a solid player. He averaged about 20 points for the Hornets as a starter. Again, Sacramento looking to upgrade and rebuild.
New Jersey Nets welcome Deron Williams to their line-up.
- Nets get: Deron Williams (Guard).
- Jazz get: Derrick Favors (Forward), Devin Harris (Guard), 2011 first-round pick from the Nets, 2012 first-round pick from the Nets (this one was originally owned by the Warriors).
THOUGHTS: Just goes to show you that anything can happen when the NBA trade deadline is staring you in the face. This one was a surprise. Deron Williams becomes the key piece the Nets were looking for and get him cheap compared to what they were offering for Carlmelo Anthony. The Jazz unload Deron Williams contract which is up after 2012 and get Favors who is really coming into his own. I don't get too excited about lottery picks but based on the actual players traded alone, the Nets did well considering this was their consolation prize.
Carmelo Anthony goes to the New York Knicks.
- Knicks get: Carmelo Anthony (Forward), Chauncey Billups (Guard), Renaldo Blackman (Forward), Anthony Carter (Guard), Sheldon Williams (Center).
- Nuggets get: Wilson Chandler (Forward), Raymond Felton (Guard), Danilo Gallinari (Forward), Kosta Koufous (Center), Timofey Mozgov (Center), $3 million in cash, 2014 first-round pick from New York and 2012 & 2013 second round picks from New York (these picks were originally owned by Golden State).
- Timberwolves get: Eddy Curry (Center), Anthony Randolph (Forward), 2015 second round pick from the Nuggets, $3 million in cash.
THOUGHTS: As I said on Tuesday, whoever acquired Carmelo Anthony would be the party in this deal who emerged victorious. Carmelo and Chauncey seem to be making themselves at home in New York having already played one game with their new teammates and receiving a hero's welcome by fans.
James Johnson is the newest member of the Toronto Raptors.
- Bulls get: 2011 first-round pick from the Raptors (this one originally owned by the Heat).
- Raptors get: James Johnson (Forward).
THOUGHTS: Finally. The Raptors acquire a player who is excited and WANTS to be here. James Johnson was the 16th pick in the 2009 NBA Draft and had a hard time breaking into a regular spot on the Bull's roster. He is excited from going to a playoff contender to a rebuilding team because he feels the Raptors are going to make better use of his talents. Not a blockbuster trade for the Raptors but I say we give him a chance before passing judgment.
Thank-you for joining me today. Just a programming note, at this point in the season we are replacing "Behind Enemy Lines" with another edition of "NBAz in 7 Dayz so look for that every Thursday. Check back with us throughout the day before 3pm for more NBA trade deadline highlights. Then I will see you again on Tuesday for more "NBAz in 7 Dayz".
But wait....were not done. James here...I will be updating this page throughout the day with trades as they get confirmed and will be hanging out on The Score's Live Chat for Trade Deadline day being hosted by Holly Mackenzie and Scott Carefoot. It starts at 10am and goes till 4pm so feel free to click on this link and pop over there for trades as they happen and I will be updating here all day.
Kendrick Perkins THUNDER UP AND OUT of Boston
Boston Trades: Kendrick Perkins, Nat Robinson
OKC Trades: Jeff Green, Nenad Kristic
Thoughts- My Western Conference pick for the Finals just got a lot better. I have no clue why Boston does this deal and because I like the Thunder I am not asking any questions. OKC needed a legit center and they got one of the best defenders in the league at the position if not the best. Add 1 Dunk Contest Mascot to this trade.
Wallace Crashes In Portland
Portland Trades- Joel Przbilla and Dante Cunningham 2 1st round picks
Charlotte Trades- Gerald Wallace
Thoughts- Seems a pretty easy slam dunk win for the Blazers. Bobcats looking for cap space
Memphis Gets Battier Back
Houston Trades - Shane Battier
Memphis Trades- Hasheem Thabeet, 1st rd pick
Thoughts- The next Yao for Houston? Far from it and Memphis gets a nice vet in Shane who know Memphis already so will not be upset to be there.
Houston Trades- Aaron Brooks
Phx Trades - Dragic and 1st (maybe)
Thoughts- Brooks fell out of favour in Houston a Dragic may be ready to be a starter I see this as a win for Houston got rid of a problem and perhaps upgraded and they got rid of a problem. I never understand what the hell the Suns are doing and that Continues
CHANGE ON THIS TRADE NOW A 3-Way With OKC
Houston has sent Aaron Brooks to Phoenix for Goran Dragic and a first rounder
- Nazr Mohammed to OKC, Mo Pete and Dj White to Charlotte
Mayo To Indy
Indy Trades- Josh McRoberts and 1st round pick
Memphis Trades- O.J Mayo
Thoughts- Change of scenery was needed for Mayo this could prove to be a steal for the Pacers in the long run. McRoberts is a banger and a nice player but the talent and potential in this trade is going to Indy.
THIS DEAL HAS BEEN CALLED OFF AS INDY DID NOT GET IN BEFORE THE DEADLINE.